writing a global project check

Dimitar Georgiev

Maybe Checkstyle is not the intended tool for my case, but still I would like to use it, as I have already grasped how to integrate it with maven.

Is it possible to write a global project check which is not based on any particular files?

I just need to implement a module which fails the build in case the git.core.autocrlf violates the project convention, which is specified in the root pom.xml of the project.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Dimitar

Re: writing a global project check

Oliver Burn
While it would be possible to write a Checkstyle check to do what you are asking, I certainly would not recommend it.

Personally, I tend to write a Groovy script that gets called by Maven/ANT to perform global checks.

Regards,
Oliver