how about a release 5.1?

Does anybody object if I put out a 5.1 release. I need the practice. :-)

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: how about a release 5.1?

Lars Kühne-3
Hi Oliver,

I didn't follow the development lately, just saw that you upgraded google collections to 1.0. Having a Checkstyle release that uses it instead of some now-deprecated interrim version seems like a good idea.

BTW, do Atlassian guys still use Antlr 2? Why did or didn't they switch? I'm asking because the parser failures I saw in the bug tracker might just go away with Antlr 3...

Chars,
Lars

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Oliver Burn wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody object if I put out a 5.1 release. I need the practice. :-)

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: how about a release 5.1?

Oliver Burn
Hi Lars,

Re ANTLR2 vs ANTLR3 - I got to meet with the author of ANTLR a while back at a Sydney Java Users Group meeting at Atlassian (talk about synergy). I asked about whether it was worth upgrading from ANTLR2 to ANTLR3. The short answer is no, if you have a working solution, stick with it.

I believe the existing Checkstyle problems are issues with the grammar, not ANTLR specifically.

I am holding off making changes to the grammar for "edge cases", in the expectation that when Java 7 gets released, a whole new grammar will be required to support Closures, etc. Ideally, we should be able to base it off something from the OpenJDK project or from something listed at http://www.antlr.org/grammar/list.
Cheers,
Oliver
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 07:01, Lars Kühne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Oliver,

I didn't follow the development lately, just saw that you upgraded google collections to 1.0. Having a Checkstyle release that uses it instead of some now-deprecated interrim version seems like a good idea.

BTW, do Atlassian guys still use Antlr 2? Why did or didn't they switch? I'm asking because the parser failures I saw in the bug tracker might just go away with Antlr 3...

Chars,
Lars

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Oliver Burn wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody object if I put out a 5.1 release. I need the practice. :-)

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: how about a release 5.1?

leo.herbie
Oliver,

I have not been finding time to give to the checkstyle project of late
- shame on me :-(

I do think it would be good to get a release out the door especially
to address some of the highly requested bugfixes (ala #2882261).

~Travis