[ checkstyle-Feature Requests-3156495 ] New check: AvoidModifiersForTypes

[ checkstyle-Feature Requests-3156495 ] New check: AvoidModifiersForTypes

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #3156495, was opened at 2011-01-12 10:51
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by romanivanov
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397081&aid=3156495&group_id=29721

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Disallow some set of modifiers for specified Java types.
Example: it hard to imagine common problems for such cases but in our case is a
static for ULCComponents is not allowed(http://ulc-community.canoo.com/snipsnap/space/Good+Practices) .

Only 4 types according to Java Spec: static, final, transient, volatile.
So we could have settings like this:
Static - "ULC*"
Final - ""
Transient - ""
Volatile - ""

Algorithm:
We detect variable/field declaration, detect modifier, check modifier's RegExp against Java Type, if match - fire error.

Date: 2012-04-19 21:54

Message:
Released at 1.0.5, http://sevntu-checkstyle.github.com/sevntu.checkstyle/

Comment By: Daniil Yaroslavtsev (daniilyar)
Date: 2012-04-08 10:53

Message:
Done. Patch is here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3515910&group_id=29721&atid=397081