[ checkstyle-Feature Requests-1908083 ] javadoc variable check should allow exclusion of enums

[ checkstyle-Feature Requests-1908083 ] javadoc variable check should allow exclusion of enums

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1908083, was opened at 2008-03-05 07:16
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nderwin
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397081&aid=1908083&group_id=29721

not just the latest update.
Category: Check
Group: Future

Initial Comment:
The javadoc variable check should have a boolean parameter (like "considerEnums"). If set, enums are evaluated, else the check is restricted to pure variable definitions.

Comment By: Nathan Erwin (nderwin)
Date: 2012-08-17 12:39

Message:
I just uploaded a potential patch for this in checkstyle-Patches-3559103.

Comment By: Florian Quadt (fquadt)
Date: 2008-03-05 13:11

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1771704
Originator: YES

Example:

public enum {
    SMALL,
    MEDIUM,
    HUGE
}

a) with 'considerEnums' set SMALL, MEDIUM and HUGE are marked by checkstyle
to be commented with javadoc (check behaviour at the moment)
b) with 'considerEnums' unset the code has no violations

Comment By: Oliver Burn (oburn)
Date: 2008-03-05 12:57

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=218824
Originator: NO

So it is clear in my mind what you are asking, can you give some sample
code and explain the desired behaviour. Thanks.