Quantcast

building checkstyle in Eclipse

Peter Kim
Hi,

I'm interested in building "Checkstyle" project, preferably in Eclipse.  Could you please point me to where I can get the library .jar files to make the compilation succeed?  I could not find the files in the source zip file or in Mercurial repo.  I've searched the web to find and install jars related to the referenced projects (ANTLR, Cli, Logging, Beanutils, Google Collections), but there are still about 400 errors unresolved.  An example error is (error indicated as a comment):

class AbstractClassCouplingCheck {
public void visitToken(DetailAST aAST) {
switch (aAST.getType()) {
case TokenTypes.PACKAGE_DEF:   // case expression must be constant expressions
}

I'm afraid I may be grabbing the wrong .jar files (versions) or not following the proper build process.  I appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you.

Re: building checkstyle in Eclipse

Peter Kim
When I import the project as an existing Maven project (unzipped the source, specified the directory as the Maven project root), I get the following error:

-----------------------
"No marketplace entries found to handle Execution ant-phase-compile, in /pom.xml in Eclipse.  Please see Help for more information."
-----------------------

I can finish the import by choosing to "resolve this error later", but then the following errors appear:

-----------------------
Description Resource Path Location Type
Missing artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.5.0 pom.xml /checkstyle line 545 Maven Dependency Problem

null (org.codehaus.mojo:antlr-maven-plugin:2.2:generate:default:generate-sources) pom.xml /checkstyle line 254 Maven Build Problem

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (execution: ant-phase-compile, phase: compile) pom.xml /checkstyle line 268 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

The container 'Maven Dependencies' references non existing library 'C:\Users\mycomputer\.m2\repository\com\sun\tools\1.5.0\tools-1.5.0.jar' checkstyle Build path Build Path Problem

The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved checkstyle Unknown Java Problem
----------------------

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Oliver Burn <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello,

By making Eclipse point to JDK and not JRE, I was able to fix the problems except this one:

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (execution: ant-phase-compile, phase: compile) pom.xml /checkstyle line 268 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

Web (http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered) tells me this is likely due to Maven/Eclipse integration issue, but the outlined solutions (ignoring, executing or delegating) are difficult to understand.

I run into this error for both the current Mercurial version and the SourceForge .zip file.

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me build the project (preferably in Eclipse, but not necessary).  Thank you.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Peter Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Madeleine
Has this issue been resolved? This is exactly my issue as well.