beginner question

HongWang
Hello,

My name is Hong. I  am a beginner and I'm developing my own project which need to builds in checkstyle.  However my question is how to use the checkstyle API . Is there any simple demo or example for my question?

Thanks

Re: beginner question

Oliver Burn
I would recommend reading http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/writingchecks.html

HongWang
thanks a lot and I have read this resource for some time. what I got is the process of checkstyle works is input a set of files and using "visitToken()" method of different checks to analysis files. But my problem now I meet is that I didn't find out the interface for file input. Did I got the right way about checkstyle? And is there any solution or example for my problem? thanks again.

I see, but checkstlye can find problems, all i want is using checkstyle , then printing out  the  problems which it has found. So i need to know some of the interfaces, like file(java source code) input interface.
I hope what i said is clearly. Thanks oliver.

Re: beginner question

HongWang
thanks for your advice.

There is another question. I downloaded the checkstyle jar file. How to use xml file to config checkstyle? And where should I put the xml file in?