Unique properties check

Pavel Baranchikov
Hello,

        As I understand, there is not check to force key uniqueness in
.properties file. I suggest a new check. Diff is attached.

Best regards,
Pavel Baranchikov
Wednesday 09 October 2013

unique_properties_check.diff (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Unique properties check

Ivan Sopov
You have already used pull request for your contributions - https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/pull/18 - why you preferred to switch to diff file?

Also we need documentation, test.

Thanks, Ivan Sopov.

        Roman Ivanov wrote the following:
>Attention:  new Checks and new functionality need to be discussed in mail-
list first to avoid frustration that patch is rejected and you spend significat
time to make it.
>Please provide detailed explanations what for your patch (you can create
issue in advance), just code will not be applied or stay as pending for long
time.
        So, I tried to discuss the check before performing the whole pull request
with maven site, javadocs and tests.

> You have already used pull request for your contributions -
> https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/pull/18 - why you preferred to
> switch to diff file?
>
> Also we need documentation, test.
>
> Thanks, Ivan Sopov.
>

> 2013/10/9 Pavel Baranchikov <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >         As I understand, there is not check to force key uniqueness in
> >
> > .properties file. I suggest a new check. Diff is attached.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Pavel Baranchikov
> > Wednesday 09 October 2013

> > ---- October Webinars: Code for Performance
> > Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.
> > Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
> > from
> > the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register >
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60134071&iu=/4140/ostg.clktr

Best regards,
Pavel Baranchikov
Thursday 10 October 2013

Re: Unique properties check

Roman Ivanov
Hi Pavel,

thanks a lot!
but link to any location on github (even a commit to your private repo) is ok to start discussion.

"Pull request" is kind of form  "I am ready please merge" and you are far from "ready to merge", so please cancel your request yourself.
I will try to review your idea on weekends.

thanks,
Roman Ivanov