@SuppressWarnings?

Tim Visher
Hello Everyone,

I was reading the release notes for 5.1 and I noticed something that
piqued my curiosity.

Is it possible now (or perhaps always?) to suppress checkstyle
warnings via annotations?

I've pretty desperately wanted to do this for awhile now as there are
some cases where checkstyle just got it wrong in our source tree but
in an effort to keep violations to nothing so that the tool can make
noticeable noise when it fails, we did it in the way checkstyle was
recommending just to satisfy it.

I've done about 20 minutes of googling and haven't turned up much and
I did a cursory search through the archives of this mailing list.  I
suck at search though.

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://burningones.com/
http://five.sentenc.es/ - Spend less time on e-mail

Re: @SuppressWarnings?

Oliver Burn
Have a look at the comments on http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397080&aid=2356719&group_id=29721

Summary - if supplied with a suitable patch, I would apply it.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 02:17, Tim Visher <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the pointer, Oliver.

If I can find the time, I'll look into it.