Running checkstyle on memory buffers.

Nabeel Siddiqui
Hi all.
I am working on a platform where I do not have access to the file system (Google App Engine). I want to run checkstyle programmatically on in-memory snippets of java code or streams of java code snippets. The code snippets may not be complete classes and will not be available on the file system. Is it possible to do it?
The way I am running it now, it always tries to access the file system and throws exception.
Let me know if there is an alternative.

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Nabeel Mukhtar

Re: Running checkstyle on memory buffers.

Oliver Burn
The Checkstyle implementation relies on java.io.File objects for the
source code to be checked. There is no way around this.