Question regarding the checkstyle output xml

Question regarding the checkstyle output xml

praneeth kumar
Hi,
I am new to using ChckStyle and its great.
However I have a question (for which there could be very simple solution).
I am trying to generate the checkstyle report. Using this in my build file:

  <checkstyle config="docs/sun_checks.xml"
failureProperty="checkstyle.failure"               failOnViolation="false">
<formatter type="xml" tofile="checkstyle_report.xml"/>     <fileset dir="src"
includes="**/*.java"/>   </checkstyle>

However in the output xml, it is listing all the files in the directory 'src'
irrespective of whether it has any violations or not.
Is there a way to not include the files in the report which do not have any
violations?

Listing ALL the files and displaying no errors is actually cluttering my HTML
output file.

Thanks in advance

Re: Question regarding the checkstyle output xml

Oliver Burn
I would suggest trying one of the contributed stylesheets to generate the report.

See stylesheets in the "contrib" directory of the source distribution.