Is there enum naming check?

Pavel Baranchikov
Hello,

        Does checkstyle have enum elements naming check, similar to MemberName or
LocalFinalVariableName?

Best regards,
Pavel Baranchikov
Thursday 23 January 2014

Re: Is there enum naming check?

Roman Ivanov
Hi Pavel,

I cannot find any reference to ENUM_DEF or  ENUM_CONSTANT_DEF at
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_naming.html
and sources https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/tree/master/src/checkstyle/com/puppycrawl/tools/checkstyle/checks/naming

Switched all naming checks and filed to make force validate Enum names of its constants.

looks like good point to improve checkstyle:
updates for ConstantName module for  ENUM_CONSTANT_DEF and  TypeName module for ENUM_DEF .

FYI, new location of mail-list is there (sourceforce mail-list will be closed after 5.7 release, that is very soon):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/checkstyle
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/checkstyle-devel
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/checkstyle-announce

thanks,
Roman Ivanov

Re: Is there enum naming check?

Pavel Baranchikov
Hello,

        Ok, let me do the implementation.

> Hi Pavel,
>
> I cannot find any reference to ENUM_DEF or  ENUM_CONSTANT_DEF at
> http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_naming.html
> and sources
> https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/tree/master/src/checkstyle/com/pup
> pycrawl/tools/checkstyle/checks/naming
>
> Switched all naming checks and filed to make force validate Enum names of
> its constants.
>
> looks like good point to improve checkstyle:
> updates for ConstantName module for  ENUM_CONSTANT_DEF and  TypeName module
> for ENUM_DEF .
>
> FYI, new location of mail-list is there (sourceforce mail-list will be
> closed after 5.7 release, that is very soon):
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/checkstyle
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/checkstyle-devel
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/checkstyle-announce
>
> thanks,
> Roman Ivanov

Best regards,
Pavel Baranchikov
Friday 24 January 2014

Re: Is there enum naming check?

Roman Ivanov
Hi Pavel,

remind you one more time to avoid misunderstanding after new functionality is completed.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/checkstyle-devel/JbhfiiSqKsQ

If that changes end up in new Check or complicated update - it have to be done in sanbox/experimental project to ease it testing.

All discussions should be continued in google mail-list.

Thanks,
Roman Ivanov