Is there a checkstyle config file to match eclipse warnings?

Is there a checkstyle config file to match eclipse warnings?

Hiller, Dean  (Contractor)

Ie. Specifically, I would like to change nearly all eclipse warnings to errors like local variable ‘arg’ is never read and that sort of thing?

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.

Re: Is there a checkstyle config file to match eclipse warnings?

Hiller, Dean  (Contractor)

I am not sure what that would have to do with eclipse-cs since this has to run “outside” of eclipse to work?

Specifically, when I run the ant build on the command line(or via Hudson autobuilds), I want it to fail which would enforce the eclipse warnings down to 0.  For that, I would need a checkstyle config file that sort of matches an eclipse paradigm.  Is there such a thing?

Re: Is there a checkstyle config file to match eclipse warnings?

Oliver Burn
No such specific checkstyle config file exists.

I would recommend building a new configuration file and using http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/availablechecks.html as guide for what checks are available. Just tune each (applicable) check to match your requirements.

I follow this approach when setting up checkstyle for a new team.

Regards,
Oliver