Error when trying to use SDK GUI

InaSch
Hello,

I am a german student of informatics and use checkstyle within a internship.

At the moment I try to extend a installation of sonar 1.9.2, to fit with the customers needs on codequality.

on the sonar wiki, they say, you can extend like explaind on the checktyle site. so I read the "tutorial" and try it on my checkstyle jar-file, but I get an java error when using the command:

java -classpath checkstyle-all-5.0.jar com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.gui.Main

Error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/puppycrawl/tools/checkstyle/gui/Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.gui.Main
Could not find the main class: com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.gui.Main.  Program will exit.

I proceed like the explaination sais, copy the checkstyle jar file and adapt it.

I bet it is some stupid beginners mistake, but I hope you help me anyway. Maybe I should copy some other files into the new directory, too? Or is there another path variable to be set?

I tryed to explain my problem the best I can, if there are other details to know, please ask, I do not left them to annoy you, just did not know better.

kind regards and thanks for reading and hopfully helping,

Ina

Re: Error when trying to use SDK GUI

darkCloud
hey, i am getting same exception.