ClassFormatError

michel
Hi all,

I'm getting following errors when using checkstyle (via maven, eclipse-cs) can you help me please :

11-Dec-2012 12:03:16  [WARN] [12:03:16.024] Got an exception - java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/ws/rs/WebApplicationException
11-Dec-2012 12:03:16  [WARN] [12:03:16.029] Got an exception - java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/servlet/ServletException

I have a Maven dependency to javax:javaee-api v6.0 with "provided" scope. The project builds smoothly, no other issue is raised than this checkstyle issue.

So... Why is checkstyle trying to analyze and access the code of imports not in the source directory of the project ?

How can I avoid this error knowing that having dependencies to non-api packages is not acceptable for us (architecture team does not want projects to be bound to a specific implementation).

Thanks in advance.