Checkstyle on other than Java projects

Valentin Jacquemin
Hi all,

I've used with success Checkstyle on Java project. A great product.

I'd like to know if it's feasible to use it on Objective-c projects. As part of an effort to build a ci install for an iOS project I'm looking for a solution to check naming & coding conventions compliance.

Is it possible? If so, could you give me a hint on how to proceed?

Valentin

Re: Checkstyle on other than Java projects

Romain Pelisse

Well I don't know if this helps, but PMD 5 has been modified to support other languages. Javascript (ecmascript), along with any XML based languages is aleady supported. Groovy and maybe Ceylon support is on its way...

http://pmd.sourceforge.net/

Any check that does not subclass from http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/apidocs/com/puppycrawl/tools/checkstyle/api/Check.html can be used.

In other words, only the subclasses of http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/apidocs/com/puppycrawl/tools/checkstyle/api/AbstractFileSetCheck.html can be used. Look at the Javadoc (linked) to what they are.