Announcing Checkstyle release 4.4

Oliver Burn
G'day,

On behalf of the Checkstyle team, I am pleased to announce that version 4.4 (a.k.a the 'long time between drinks' release :-) is available for download.

This release contains a number of enhancements and bug fixes. See http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/releasenotes.html for the exact details.

I'd also like to announce that Checkstyle has branched and work already started on version 5.x. This version is based on Java 5 source, will require Java 5 JRE, and is geared towards supporting Java 5 better. The current state is available from the Subversion repository. A new GenericWhitespace check has been written to properly the Generic type tokens '<' and '>'.

Regards,
Oliver