Android custom check: warn for static modifier on Activity

Android custom check: warn for static modifier on Activity

Angelique Henry
Hello,

I want to warn Android developpers when they use a static modifier on all class that extends Activity class. The reason is that using static var (but not final static) in a frequent cause of memory leak.

How can I do that with checkstyle ? Can I use an existing configuration or should I create a new module ?

Thanks,